How much money do you want to make? That is the question that many business owners ask themselves when they are deciding what to do with their website. If the answer is “a lot,” then you should be focusing on conversion rate optimization strategies. Many businesses spend time trying to increase traffic to their website and fail to improve the conversion rate once they get there. This is a huge mistake. In this blog post, we will discuss 11 steps that will help increase your conversion rates and generate more revenue for your business!
One of the most important things to examine when looking at website conversions is the user experience. What do visitors see on your site? Are they being educated about your products and services or are you just using flashy graphics and an annoying music video to distract them from the price? That’s not to say that graphics and videos cannot be used, but they should supplement your web content rather than distract from it.
A great way to improve your site’s user experience is with effective customer service. Not only are you providing a valuable product or service, but you’re also saving the time of customers who might not know where else they can go for help.
Content marketing is another important factor in increasing conversions on your website and gaining more business clients. Many people are not aware of the importance and power content marketing can have on a company. This is because much of the focus in recent years has been placed on search engine optimization (SEO). However, if you don’t believe SEO to be important, think again: 93% of all online activity starts with a keyword search. Content marketing could help improve your search engine rankings, which will, in turn, generate more traffic to your website.
Studies have shown that the average consumer reads about 28% of a page of text before they decide whether or not to continue reading it. This means if you were trying to sell movie tickets and wanted people who are looking for “family-friendly” movies, then you might want to list “family-friendly” movies first in your ad. This will catch the attention of people who are specifically looking for family-friendly films, and they might just buy tickets from you instead!
1. One of my favorite ways to increase conversions on a website is to examine pages on the Google Search console that have low CTR.
CTR is click-through rate and it’s represented as a percentage when you find a page that has a high impression and low CTR that means one thing. optimize your meta title and description on these pages.
Low CPR means people that see you don’t click on you so try to include a call to action or unique value proposition in your titles and meta that will attract new visitors.
2. Include testimonials from past customers on your homepage or product pages and make sure that it shows on search results as rich snippets.
Rich snippets on google can be a powerful thing, think of it this way, if you have a testimonial from someone and it shows up on Google as a rich snippet, that means their name will be bigger than usual.
This is an excellent way to increase conversions because the visitor knows they are in good hands.
3. While having a clear and concise call to action is pretty straight forward you’ll be surprised how many websites are missing on this.
A call to action is a phrase that tells the customer what you want them to do. “Order Now” or “Sign Up for our newsletter” are good examples of CTAs, as they tell the visitor exactly how to interact with your site.
- If you are looking to get more orders, make sure to include a CTA on your product pages that encourage visitors to buy something.
- If you are looking to get more phone calls, make sure to include a CTA on your homepage or product pages that encourage visitors to make a phone call.
- If you are looking to get more email sign-ups, make sure to include a CTA on your website which tells the visitor how they can sign up for updates or newsletters.
- Another way is if it’s about getting people with video content, then include a CTA which tells the visitor how they can subscribe or watch your video.
But it’s also important to not overpopulate your website with too many CTA’s because that might just confuse the visitor and they won’t know what to do.
Think of it this way, what is the most desired action you want the user to take and focus your CTA around the desired action, this way it’ll steer users in the right way.
4. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and has a responsive design.
As the world has gone mobile-crazy, it’s more important than ever to make sure your website is responsive. If you don’t have a responsive site that means certain features or elements might not work on smaller screens like smartphones and tablets. For example, if you had an image slider that was taking up 25% of the screen for desktop users, then on a smartphone that image slider might not appear.
When making a website mobile-friendly you should make sure that the design is responsive and all of the content stays in line.
So if you were to watch a video on your website, then that same video should play when viewed on mobile devices without any issues (it might not be as good quality but it will work). If you are trying to sell something online through an e-commerce website, make sure that you are using a responsive design and that the product pages show up on mobile devices.
One more thing that is important to mention about mobile-friendly websites is that you need to make sure buttons and clickable links are not squeezed together which makes for a bad UI.
This is done by making sure the text and images are spaced out properly. Mobile users have small screens so it’s important that you give them as much space as possible, otherwise they might not be able to see anything at all on their screen.
5. Test different landing pages and see which ones get the best conversion rates
You can do that with Google Analytics, as they track how many people are converting on different landing pages.
They have a feature where you can create variations of your page, and then see which one gets the best conversions. This is done by creating multiple versions of your webpage with only minor changes like changing ‘the headline’, or swapping out images, but all other content stays the same.
Then you can see which one is best for your audience and then start using that landing page. It’s important to test different variations of your pages because what might work for others may not work as well for you, so make sure to find out what works the most!
Learning what works best on your website allows you to eliminate what’s not working and focus your marketing budget on the best pages.
6. Keep it simple – focus on one goal per page so visitors know exactly what they need to do before leaving the page
It’s not always easy to come up with a clear call-to-action on your website and it might take some time before you find the perfect one.
But when you do, make sure that there is only ONE goal per page so visitors know exactly what they need to do before leaving the page.
Sometimes this could be signing up for a newsletter or giving you their email address, but other times it could be something more like buying an item online.
The point is to always have one goal on each page and keep your website focused around that single objective no matter how many pages there are in total.
This way the visitor knows what they need to do before leaving the page and you’ll have a higher conversion rate.
- It’s important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly, otherwise, certain features or elements might not work on smaller screens like smartphones and tablets
- Test different landing pages in Google Analytics so that you can see which one gets the best conversions
- When there are multiple goals on a page, make sure there is only one goal at the top of that page
- Make it easy for your visitor to know what they need to do before leaving the site by having just ONE single goal on each webpage. That way you’ll have an increased conversion rate and visitors will be able to more easily find content without getting lost or confused.
7. Make sure the page loads quickly and easily
Since people are visiting your website on their phones, it’s important to make sure the page loads quickly and that they don’t have a lot of trouble navigating through all the content.
This is where responsive design comes in handy because when you use this type of design for your site, then everything will be optimized depending on what device it’s being viewed on.
This means that if someone is using their mobile device, then the website will be formatted for phones and tablets so they can see everything easily without any trouble at all.
By doing this you’ll have a higher conversion rate because people won’t get bored waiting around or frustrated by trying to find your desired content while they’re on their phones.
- Responsive design is a great option for your site so that it’s optimized for any device and will load quickly
- The page should be easy to navigate through because people are visiting from small screens like smartphones, tablets or laptops
Remember: when you create content always think about all the different devices visitors will be using.
If you have a lot of content and need to make the design mobile-friendly, then it might take more time for someone to find what they’re looking for on your website – so keep that in mind before publishing anything!
Make sure you don’t use plugins that are slowing down your website and that you keep your site clean and organized as much as possible.
8. Offer a free consultation for consumers interested in your services but not ready to purchase right away
When someone visits your website and is looking to buy something, it’s important to keep in mind that they might be hesitant or not ready for purchase right away.
In this case, offer them a free consultation so that you can answer any questions they have about your service without making the decision until after their initial contact with you.
A lot of people have questions as they’re about to make a purchase and this free consultation can help answer those doubts or concerns so that the customer is more knowledgeable when it comes time for them to buy.
- Offer your visitors a free consultation with one of our experts if they are looking at products but don’t want to commit right away.
- This will allow them to ask any questions they have about a product or service before making the decision. This way, the customer is more knowledgeable when it comes time for purchase.
- Offer this free consultation on your website so that visitors know what’s available and if you offer consultations at all.
- Then people can decide whether they want to buy something from you or not.
Remember: a free consultation with one of our experts could help answer any questions your visitors might have about a service or product before committing to make the purchase.
9. Add testimonials from real customers on your website
A testimonial from a customer is really important because it’s real evidence of their experience with your product or service.
This can be done by adding a review section on the webpage and inviting customers to leave reviews so that they feel comfortable about buying something without feeling like it was wasted money.
If you have any negative feedback, then it’s important to respond quickly and apologize for the inconvenience.
- Testimonials from customers are a great way of getting feedback about your services in an honest manner
- A customer review section on your website is perfect because it will show visitors that you have real testimonials or reviews they can look at before making their purchase decision
The customer testimonial is really important because it’s an honest review of your product. You can also put a review section on the page that invites customers to leave reviews so they feel comfortable about their purchase decision. If you have any negative feedback, then it’s important to respond quickly and apologize for the inconvenience.
Testimonials from customers are a great way of getting feedback about your services in an honest manner. A customer review section on your website is perfect because it will show visitors that you have real testimonials or reviews they can look at before making their purchase decision.
10. Use the WhatsApp link on your website to make it even easier to contact you directly.
Using WhatsApp on your website is a great way of making it easier for people to contact you and ask questions.
This can be done by adding the link in their footer or sidebar which will allow them to find how they can talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night.
There are many different reasons why someone might want to contact you and this is a great way of making it easy for them.
- Add WhatsApp link in your footer or sidebar that will allow visitors to find how they can talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night
- This makes it easier for people who need immediate assistance instead of having to leave a voicemail
- The convenience of WhatsApp allows people to contact you and talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night
- Many different reasons why invite visitors might want to contact you. This makes it easy for them by adding this link in their footer or sidebar
Use the WhatsApp link on your website so that visitors can talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night instead of leaving a voicemail. The convenience of WhatsApp allows people to contact you and talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night even if they need immediate assistance. Many different reasons why invite visitors might want to contact you; this makes it easy for them by adding this link in their footer or sidebar.
Use the WhatsApp link on your website so that visitors can talk with someone from your company at any time, day or night instead of leaving a voicemail.
11. Add an FAQ page with common questions and answers
Some of the most common questions that people have about your company might not be answered anywhere on your website.
Adding an FAQ page to your site is a great way for visitors to find answers quickly.
- Add an FAQ Page with Common Questions and Answers
- You can answer some very popular questions (like “Do you offer this service?”)
- You can answer some very popular questions (like “Do you offer this service?”).
Add an FAQ Page with Common Questions and Answers to your site. You can answer some very popular questions, like “What is the price of this product?”. This allows visitors to find their answers quickly instead of having to do a lot more research.
-Add an FAQ Page with Common Questions and Answers to your site. You can answer some very popular questions, like “What is the price of this product?”. This allows visitors to find their answers quickly instead of having to do a lot more research.
-You can also add your FAQ on your GMB account to answer some of the most common questions that people have about your company.
Add an FAQ Page with Common Questions and Answers to your site so visitors can find their answers quickly instead of having to do a lot more research on it themselves. You can also add this FAQ page to your GMB account for even easier access if you’d like.
Local Marketing: Conversion Rate Optimization Services With US
Alignment Online Marketing has over a decade of experience in Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) for small businesses. Through our service, we work closely with you to find the best way to optimize your website and content so that when customers come across them, they are prompted to buy.
Let’s start by understanding what Conversion Rate Optimization is. Conversion Rate Optimization is a strategy to increase the number of people who convert to your website, or take action after they visit your site (e.g., sign up for a lead magnet). It does this by testing different elements and then making adjustments based on results. Conversion Rate Optimization is a strategy to increase the number of people who convert to your website.
Many small businesses find that Conversion Rate Optimization can be too much work and time invested for them, but Alignment Online Marketing has experts in CRO with over a decade of experience so you don’t have to worry about it! We’ll take care of Conversion Rate Optimization so you can focus on running your business.
Alignment Online Marketing has experts in CRO with over a decade of experience to take care of all the work and time for Conversion Rate Optimization! We are here to help small businesses increase their conversion rates, optimize content, and improve results online. So contact us today to get started.
Ready to Align?
Let’s Get Started On The Strategy For Your Ideal Online Presence
Our Core Services
Strengthen your online visibility with responsive, mobile-optimized websites that customers and search engines love.
The extra boost to get you in front of your ideal customers fast. AKA Search Engine Marketing or PPC.
Claim, update, and fix business listings across 300 directories and websites that control local search.
Monitor and manage all aspects of your online reputation, including listings, reviews, mentions and more.
Grow your fanbase on social media, find real-time leads and share relevant content across all of your social channels.